Saturday, October 22, 2016

Double Sided Mirror

Sitting in front of the mirror, I see my reflection in the distance. I know it is me, but what if it isn't. What if the reflection on the other side is another person? What if when they look at me, they ponder what is going on within the reflection they see? As the reflection staring at me is actually left handed, compared to my right handed self.

What if the other individual is happily married with a family and financially well off? What if they were given the perfect life without any heart ache, so they go around without a care in the world? What if?

As I sit here I truly wonder if I could jump into the other side and see what is happening, if I would do it. Would I want to switch places to make the pain and the torment end? However, what if the other side isn't what I expect? Would I be able to cross the line back to my life that I have now? Would the other me want to change and swap back? What if the other side is addicted to drugs, or living on the streets, but puts on a false front like so many of us do? What if they are actually a murderous sociopath who thrives on the pain of others?

I believe that our life has come down to looking at other people and wishing we were them. Maybe not wholly, but from time to time, looking at what we don't have and wishing we have it. Staring into the mirror of a past relationship I believed it is what I wanted. I was happy, smiled quite a bit and finally had a family. Until that mirror was cracked and broken by an individual who decided to attack someone they loved, then bash their arm into a solid surface so they could inform their friends that I in fact hurt them. Then, instead of initially confessing to their actions, they lied to law enforcement and later to friends until finally, they told the truth. Then, as time progressed led me to believe they were pregnant with my child but would not allow me to see the baby if she was in fact pregnant. Luckily, she was not pregnant and it was all part of her manipulative and devious ways. Then, to continue to play games, she either had friends or falsely played a friend via text to harass me.

The one thing that I have learned in all of this pain and anger is this. When you didn't do anything wrong, stick to your guns because no matter what that other person in the mirror is saying to you, do not listen to them or wish you were them. You never know what someone is going through, whether it is good or bad. Many have commended me on how well I have dealt with the pain and frustration I have went through, but to be honest, I was broken and hurting inside. Wishing I could be someone else and throwing my life into another person who ended up being horrible for me. They put me down, degraded me, and talked poorly about me. When I had finally had enough, to try and keep me they created a lie and assaulted me and then self harmed themselves. Whatever you do, live the life you have, as you never know what you are getting when you wish to trade places with someone. Because as I learned, it can be dangerous and could be the end of your life as you know it. Lucky for me, I received a confession that made sure I didn't lose my life or my career. But, would you be so lucky? Ask yourself, and never look into the mirror and wish to be someone else. You are who you are for a reason, be proud of it and be happy for who you have around you and for those that love you.

Jameson Wade.

No comments:

Post a Comment